Wow Worthy Stuff Things that are WOW Worthy on the web

Published on February 8th, 2018

Your Life – In 6 Words

6 Words Post It NoteHaven’t had one of these (Wow Worthy) in awhile.

It’s not that I haven’t stumbled across truly Wowser stuff here on our beloved (and oft’ simultaneously hated) WWW.  Just too many other (travel) posts to write, I guess.  Else… admittedly just too lazy to flip what I do find into more than a quick Facebook post. 😉

But this morning’s Wow Worthy find is a little different:

Can You Describe Your LIfe – in Just 6 Words?

Given my fondness for all-things-mot, it comes as no surprise that this one caught my attention.  Better yet – it invites hands-on participation (yet another factor that I seem to be ever drawn to in my travels, and indeed my life).

Naturally, it took me all of 60 seconds to come up with my own “6 Word Memoir”:

This ain’t no dress rehearsal, folks!

Those 6 little words have long steered me ever forward in my life.  Led me to take (seemingly nutso) risks (like um, dumping all my possessions and buying a one-way ticket to the other side of the globe!)

Indeed, if I’ve said it once, I’ve said it a near hundred times here on TravelnLass:  It’s all about DO IT!  About following your dreams and not pushing them off for even one single day more.

Seriously.  None of us (be we young or dodderin’) knows how many days (much less months, years) we have left on the Planet.  So get crackin’ – do at least one small thing TODAY to further your own unique dreams!

[/end TL perennial “Go for it!” rant]

And meanwhile – some of my favorite 6-word memoirs from the aforementioned site:

• “Threw spaghetti against wall – some stuck”
  • “I don’t know.  I hope so”
  • “Living’s mostly marching, with sporadic soaring”
  • “I’ve given way too many damns”
  • “Is that smoke in the cockpit?”
  • “Traveling. Brought wrong charger for laptop”

Now then… What’s YOURS?

I’d love to see what YOU come up with.  Do check out the SixWordMemoirs.com site for inspiration from a bazillion other netizens.  And please, please – drop your own 6 words in the comments below.

Dyanne

7 Responses to Your Life – In 6 Words

1. Jean says:

I had fear, I went anyway.

So many books, so little time.

lol Jean – it only took you a mere 12 minutes to come up with 2 of your own – good for you!

I love (and can well relate) to both. e.g. just yesterday I bought 2 new books for my Kindle – both on Japan (natch!) one on Japanese history and the other on F.O.O.D!

And even more so – g-knows (even with near 50 countries solo under my belt) I *still* get a good bit of “fear” when I think of landing in some new far away land where I don’t speak the language (and g-help me with that tangle of Japanese trains!). But… no matter the butterflies, the doubts – I always “go anyway” (and always, always am ever so glad I did!)

• Jean says:

Haha, so observant of you to notice how quickly I came up with them after I had a mental block trying to pare down the number of words! I took your advice and went to the Six Word Memoirs site and for some reason was able to think in shorter phrases after reading a bunch of them.

Good luck planning your trip to Japan. I’ll look forward to your posts about it. I hear it’s expensive there but I’m sure you’ll find some bargains to tell us about.

2. Jean says:

I’m trying to whittle my story down to 6 words but, in the meantime, I’ve picked one of your favorites as one of mine: “I don’t know. I hope so.” It says so much without saying it. I don’t know if my plan will work out, but I hope so–it’s just a wish, a hope. If it doesn’t work out, something else will happen. I won’t be devastated, I’ll do something else.

Absolutely, Jean! *Lots* of wisdom in those 6 little words: “I don’t know. I hope so.” After all, nothing but NOTHING is ever guaranteed in this life, so all we can do is “hope so”.

And if we don’t ACT on our dreams (a.k.a. our “hope so’s”), then what are we left with? And yes, YES – “…if it doesn’t work out…” No big deal. We just do something else. But at least we tried, yes?

3. Christine says:

Dream it, plan it, do it!