Foto Flip Friday

Published on June 27th, 2014

Foto Flip Friday: Follow Your Dreams (The WINNERS!!!)

Yipeee! The results of June’s Foto Flip Friday “Follow Your Dreams” theme are IN!

And I must say, I was especially delighted with the wide variety of interpretations of “Follow Your Dreams”.  Everything from discovering the first strawberry in your garden with your toddler, to getting your “kicks” on good ol’ Route 66, to ziplining in Mexico, to meandering the dusty roads of Africa from stem to stern.

Just goes to show that following your dreams needn’t require the grandiose fantasy of being a rock star, nor zooming perpetually ’round the world (though personally, I’ve spent a lifetime trying my darndest to do the latter!)  But the truth is, each of us follows our “bliss” in amazingly different ways. And the important thing is – whatever your dream – just go after it with all your passion, to MAKE.IT.COME.TRUE.

That said, choosing my favorite pics for this month’s theme was a tough decision indeed. And while I’m eventually hoping to somehow add a reader “vote” component (if/when I can figure out the technos of how to half-way easily do that), I figure as this clearly isn’t some highfalutin National Geographic photo competition (with an African safari on the line), my own peculiar druthers as to which I like/feel fit the theme best will have to do.

All of which is to say, I’ve now pondered all the lovely entries and the WINNERS ARE…

(Uh, I think we need a bit of a drum roll here, yes?)

(Do mouseover each *flip foto to see the winner’s personal message on the back)

Foto Flip Friday Winner Linda JourneyJottings Kings Canyon, Australia Postcard photo Front, June 2014 Theme: Follow Your Dreams

Foto Flip Friday Winner Linda JourneyJottings Kings Canyon, Australia Postcard photo Back

Submitted by Linda, JourneyJottings.com

* Uh, sorry, but for those of you viewing in IE, it’ll be not so much a “flip” as a fading change. If you want to see the flip/flop, try viewing in Chrome or Firefox.

Foto Flip Friday Winner Laura NoCureForCuriosity My Own Backyard Postcard photo Front, June 2014 Theme: Follow Your Dreams

Foto Flip Friday Winner Laura NoCureForCuriosity My Own Backyard Postcard photo Back

Submitted by Laura, NoCureForCuriosity.net

Foto Flip Friday Winner James FlyIcarusFly Chobe Impala Postcard photo Front, June 2014 Theme: Follow Your Dreams

Foto Flip Friday Winner James FlyIcarusFly Chobe Impala Postcard photo Back

Submitted by James FlyIcarusFly.com

And a BIG THANKS
to ALL the June “Follow Your Dreams” Foto Flip Friday entrants!

PIC NAME PIC NAME
Four Letter Nerd - Up Around the Bend, FourLetterNerd.wordpress.com Four Letter Nerd – FourLetterNerd.wordpress.com Suzanne - Pali Lookout, Hawaii, Boomeresque.com Suzanne – Boomeresque.com
Gail - My Tara, GoodDealMeals.blogspot.com Gail – GoodDealMeals.blogspot.com Neva - Buzzing the Airport, Retireforthefunofit.com Neva – RetirefortheFunofIt.com
Irene - San Miguel de Allende, MoreTimeToTravel.com Irene – MoreTimeToTravel.com Anita - El Castillo, Mexico, NoParticularPlaceToGo.net Anita – NoParticularPlaceToGo.net
Sue - Venice Water World, MosaicMache.etsy.com Sue – MosaicMache.etsy.com Sarah - Ziplining in Mexico, LiveDreamDiscover.com Sarah – LiveDreamDiscover.com
Patti - Route 66, OneRoadataTime.com Patti – OneRoadataTime.com Nadine  -Coos Bay Community Garden Ladybug Landing

Nadine – Facebook

Note that each winning postcard (as well as each entry) is linked to the entrant’s site. A reciprocal link back here to TravelnLass isn’t required, but would be much appreciated.

<—– Oh, and do please share, share, share (via the fb, etc. share buttons there on the left) the new Foto Flip Friday contest with all your digital chums, yes? 😉

And as time goes by – ALL the winning Foto Flip Friday photos can be viewed HERE.

Be sure to tune in next Friday, when I’ll again start a new round of Foto Flip Friday with a whole new theme.  Indeed, if you have any good ideas for possible Foto Flip Friday themes, do please post them in the comments below.

Foto Flip Friday Winner's Badge Oh, and remember – this month’s winners are eligible to display this pretty little Foto Flip Friday Winner’s Badge on their site (linked back to their winning Flip Postcard here at TL).

Here’s the link code for Follow Your Dreams winners:

<a href=”http://www.travelnlass.com/2014/06/27/fff-dreams-winners”>http://www.travelnlass.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/FFFBadge150x103.jpg</a>

Thanks again to ALL for making this first month’s Foto Flip Friday contest a success.

Tags:

13 Responses to Foto Flip Friday: Follow Your Dreams (The WINNERS!!!)

1. Graefyl says:

Well done Linda, Laura and James. Nice 🙂
    Graefyl kindly contributed to world literature by posting…Backpacking is not always funMy Profile

2. Laura says:

Thanks so much for picking my photo! I thought all the submissions were great, and I loved seeing (and reading about) each of them. What a fun idea — thanks for doing this, Dyanne! 🙂
    Laura kindly contributed to world literature by posting…The fruits of our laborMy Profile

Yes Laura, the entries are a remarkable assortment of “Follow Your Dreams”. Yours, truly touched on the essence of how our wildest “dream” can be as simple as living in the moment.

3. Oh!! How exciting to be one of your very First Foto Flip Friday winners!!
    What an honour!
    And great that we can also see enlarged versions of all the entries –
    Thanks so much for putting this together Dyanne – Great fun 🙂
    Linda ~ Journey Jottings kindly contributed to world literature by posting…Do You Realize How Often You Already Use Pictogram Symbols?My Profile

Yes Linda – congratulations!

I look forward to what folks come up with for the July FFF theme (tune in next Friday to find out what it is).

4. Great entries and winning photos! So many ways to follow a dream…
    Anita @ No Particular Place To Go kindly contributed to world literature by posting…The Beautiful Place: Bonita LugarMy Profile

Yes Anita – and yours of that *breathtaking* climb up the side of El Castillo surely must have been a dream come true!

Be sure to tune in next Friday, as I have a new Foto Flip Friday up my sleeve… 😉

5. Sue Pearson says:

Wow, that would have been a hard decision on all the cool entries!! Really love the hand drawn map, very nice! Great winners, congrats to all of them and looking forward to next months FFF!
    Sue Pearson kindly contributed to world literature by posting…Paper Mache Koi fish hanging Mirror by mosaicmacheMy Profile

Yes Sue, all the entries were remarkable with a wide diversity of ways that folks are following their own personal dreams.

If you have any ideas for future Foto Flip Friday themes, do drop a note here.

6. James says:

Thanks for picking my photo… And am I the only guy who entered?
    James kindly contributed to world literature by posting…Photomania!My Profile

The thanks are mine, James – a great photo and a fine little story of “Following Your Dreams”.

Nope, you’re not the only guy who entered (e.g. Four Letter Nerd is a lad too), plus several of the entries are from couples who are following their own brand of bliss.

Thanks again for your fine entry. Do you have any ideas for future Foto Flip Friday themes?