Once Upon a Time Once Upon a Time... a look back at some of the TravelnLass' many adventures.

Published on May 27th, 2014

Once Upon a Time… (Bali Bliss Video)

Rapunzel350x446There was a fairy princess (that generally favored sweats over sequined gossamer dresses) who fancied perpetually skipping ’round the globe with a backpack (as opposed to that Rapunzel lass perched prettily in a damp, and no doubt grimy castle tower, pining away for some stray prince to clamber up her long, golden tresses).

And when the princess wasn’t bouncing atop a camel in the Sahara, straddling an elephant in Laos or hoofing it amid the wilds of Mongolia, she liked to share her tales of vagabonding by pecking posts from a comfy couch in a tiny corner of cyberspace called “TravelnLass.com”.

But alas, after pecking hundreds of such (arguably brilliant and fascinating) tales of travel bliss and derring-do, many of her very best posts sunk deeper and deeper, and deeper…

. . .into the dark goo of her TravelnLass archives.

But no more!  Nosiree, the (not only breathtakingly beautiful, but likewise profoundly wise) princess has opted to cleverly hatch yet another new TL series – dredging up an all-but-forgotten post from the past every now and then, dubbed (naturally) “Once Upon a Time”.

So settle down ye lads ‘n lasses, curl up with your favorite fuzzy (your choice: teddy/bunny) on your little cots (well o.k. slouched at your keyboards) and feast your eyeballs on this TL blast-from-the-past, the January 2011 tale of…

Random (Video) Memory: Bali Bliss

Bali Bliss VideoSlider

9 Responses to Once Upon a Time… (Bali Bliss Video)

1. wesley says:

Great blog post, I really enjoying reading your blog..

Welcome Wesley – glad you enjoyed the first episode of the new “Once Upon a Time” series. Do stay tuned – indeed, subscribe via the RSS or email links above, so you don’t miss a single blast from the TL past. With more than 200 posts (and 30+ years of skipping ’round the globe tales to tell), you may well have to cancel CHRISTMAS this year, to catch up on all of them! 😉

2. Michelle says:

I love your blog’s design! You have been some really interesting places and I would love to read more about your travel experiences. I wish I had started blogging sooner – I just started 6 months ago and have had to write several posts from memory. Safe travels 🙂
    Michelle kindly contributed to world literature by posting…Dog Sledding in June on the Mendenhall Glacier in AlaskaMy Profile

Thanks Michelle, glad you like my little digital sandbox here. 😉 Yes, yes, feel free to mosey around all you like. I’ve been lucky enough to explore some truly extraordinary corners of the globe (especially, the wilds of Mongolia!)

I’ve been pecking here at TL for a little over 3 years, but with my “Catching Up” series I’m trying to slowly transfer some of my earlier travel tales of Morocco, Egypt, South Africa, etc. I also have a 4 part series on my 20+ years as a tour operator specializing in travel to Belize and Costa Rica (way back when few had even HEARD of Belize!).

So wander about these digital pages, and stick around ‘cuz I just landed on a whole new continent, so no doubt I’ll be adding lots more tales of Ecuador (and all of S.A.)

3. Chuck Rohe says:

Can’t wait to see everything that emerges from the goo. But don’t knock stray princes.

lol Chuck, with my luck should said stray prince ever show up – he’ll probably have pteromerhanophobia (or at least wouldn’t be caught dead with a backpack)! 😉

4. Sue Pearson says:

Oh, that was just beautiful, what another grand adventure, Quite the little rain storm eh? and that tat is nice! Really enjoyed seeing it in a video, just a gorgeous place. Did you go into that sea palace? That was outrageous!
    Sue Pearson kindly contributed to world literature by posting…Paper Mache Koi fish hanging Mirror by mosaicmacheMy Profile

Yes Sue, the rains in Asia during the “monsoon” season can be torrential. And yes, of course I hiked out to the sea palace “Pura Tanah Lot” – the setting is truly beautiful.

Honestly, I think I’m going to enjoy these little “Once Upon a Time” walk-down-memory lanes even more than my TL readers. I’d almost forgotten all those lovely scenes in the Bali Bliss video.